Advertisement

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Doing the Hair Fair!

So you know I'm all about the freebies and cheapies, but one of the things I will spend my lindens on is hair. And one of the best place to get hair each year is at the Hair Fair because a percentage of all sales goes to Wigs for Kids. Not to mention, Hair Fair has a great selection of limited edition hair styles from tons of designers. And don't worry all you freebie-lovers, there is a 10th anniversary gift at almost every stop!

But today I wanted to share with you the purchases I made, and how I navigated my way through the fair. I managed to limit myself to just four purchases, but it was so hard! And it's all about long red hair for me! Here are my winners!...
 (top left) .::Exile::. Siren's Call (Reds//20 shades) (250L at Hair Fair - Noirette sim)
(top right) *~*Damselfly*~* Juniper (Dark Reds+Faded//20 shades) (250L at Hair Fair - Blonde sim)
(bottom left) ICONIC STELLA (Vamps//6 shades) (300L at Hair Fair - Redhead sim)
(bottom right) no.match_ NO_DRAMA (Reds//9 shades) (200L at Hair Fair - Redhead sim)
~~** See bigger individual pictures on Flickr! **~~

Other style card credits (especially for my freebie lovers!):
Eyes: * Inkheart * Fish Eyes - Grey (M) (FREE / Summer's Hotter Than Hell Hunt)
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. V2 Stella Darktan CL (FREE / July Group Gift / 350L to join)
Dress: [LAKSHMI] Member's Gift Dress 3'15 (FREE / Group Gift (still available) / Free to join)

Now, given the huge popularity of this event, it is hard to get in to. You are going to deal with lag, that's no question, but getting in is the harder part! I was able to get through all the sims on opening day yesterday, so I have some tips on how to do the Hair Fair, or at least, how I did the Hair Fair!

1) Throw on something with the least amount of scripts. Some people even float around in just a full body alpha and a hairbase. I guess I was a little too vain for that. LOL But I do suggest it.

2) There are several extra landing points for the Hair Fair. I chose the one with the least amount of traffic, which at the time was Streaks (a), but all the additional ones are listed on the website here. This one leads to the Readhead sim. (BTW, each sim is named for a hair color, but it has nothing to do with the color of hair available in each sim!) Here you will see everyone lined up at the entrance, most in a puff of unrezzed smoke! As soon as you hit the new sim, it will bounce you back and send you a message that says, 'You can't enter region "Rhodium". It may be full or restarting soon.' You just need to hold down that up arrow on the keyboard, keep getting bounced back and getting that message over and over again until you get through. This may take a few minutes, and you may look like an idiot, but it works, so just have some patience. Don't let go of that button until you are far into the sim! 

3) Make sure you get the Hair Fair notecard or you can refer to the website for the map. I visited each booth in the Redhead sim, picking up the demos I wanted to try along the way. Then I headed to one of the runways, where there are built-in poses, to try them all on away from the other Avis and all the action. I took snapshots saved to my computer to compare them side by side. Then I referred back to the map and flew out and got the ones I wanted before moving on to the next sim. Why? Because you are going to have to follow the same method in step 2 above of holding down the up arrow key to make it into the other sims! Remember you've got three more sims to visit!

Now get out there and shop till you drop! The event ends on July 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment